Prepare students for immediate employment upon completion of the dental hygiene program and satisfy the requirements for the Associate of Applied Science degree in dental hygiene.
• To graduate dental hygienists who are able to initiate and assume responsibility for health promotion and disease prevention activities for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
• For graduates to procure and maintain employment as a dental hygienist in private and/or group practices, federal, state, or local government clinics, and facilities in the armed forces.
• To produce graduates who are competent, proficient, and skilled in current concepts of dental hygiene.
• To provide scientific knowledge in the performance of dental hygiene procedures.
• For graduates to pass the state and national examination procedures required for licensing for dental hygienists.
• Graduates must be competent in providing dental hygiene care for the child, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and medically compromised patient.
• Graduates must be competent in providing dental hygiene process of care that includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of provided services.
• Graduates must be competent in providing dental hygiene care for all types of periodontally involved patients
• Graduates must assume responsibility and accountability for dental hygiene actions and services, according to protocol.
• Graduates must be able to communicate effectively using verbal, nonverbal written, and electronic communication skills.
• Graduates must be able to adhere to local, state, and federal laws, recommendations and regulations for dental hygiene actions and services.
• Graduates must be competent in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating community-based oral health programs including health promotion and disease prevention activities.
• Graduates must be competent in the application of self-assessment skills to prepare them for lifelong learning.
• Graduates must be competent in the evaluation of current scientific literature.